New Business: For Approval
1. The historical preservation policy was unanimously adopted.
2. The resolution in support of awarding baccalaureate degrees was moved. An amendment was worked out with Trustee Svoboda (read by President Breuder) that reaffirms our commitment to the two-year college mission. The amended motion passed unanimously.
3. Homeland Security Training Center ICCB application passed unanimously.
4. The faculty contract extension passed unanimously without discussion.
5. Compensation increases also passed.
6. New AAS Degree in Game Animation and Design also approved.
7. Board of Trustees budget approved for FY15.
Trustees reported on their work in Springfield at a Lobby Day with the Community College Trustees Association and with the COD Foundation. Of note, work with legislators on getting reimbursement for veterans benefits. The trustees also shared several anecdotes from graduations and community outreach events.
Next meeting Thursday, June 26, 2014, 7pm.